Congratulations on your upcoming marriage! As you know, marriage is God’s idea. He was the one who created man and woman and put them together in a covenant relationship that we call marriage.
We hope that your wedding day is very special, but we especially want to help you make your marriage a wonderful lifelong commitment as God intended, a relationship of oneness verses isolation, a relationship of intimacy and profound connectedness.
The following information explains the guidelines for weddings that are held at Northview or officiated by a Northview pastor.
We believe that marriage is a holy and sacred institution created by God. As a church, we believe that it is a responsibility that God has entrusted to our care. Thus, the Northview wedding guidelines and standards reflect the weighty nature of this special relationship.
This standard reflects the uniqueness of our church and will not be true of every church you may contact.
Please carefully read the following and contact the church if you have questions:
Requirements to get married at Northview
- That you are a member of Northview or are the immediate family member of a Northview member (having been water baptized after receiving Christ as your Savior is required for membership)
- There must be a minimum of three months between the time your wedding date is reserved and the actual date of your wedding. This provides ample time to adequately fulfill the church's premarital requirements.
- Affirmation of and adherence to the Northview Premarital Commitment.
- Completion of the Northview premarital counseling program prior to your wedding date.
- Premarital classes (check for class dates)
- Premarital assessment survey (a marital assessment tool)
- Premarital coaching with a Northview mentoring couple
- Faithful attendance of church services (weekly, except when ill or traveling)
Note: These requirements apply to all couples who are being married at Northview or by a Northview pastor, regardless of the wedding location.
8 Steps to a Northview Wedding
8 steps to a Northview Wedding
- Review the Northview Wedding Guidelines to determine whether your wedding plans will work through Northview.
- Contact us or call (317) 846.2884 to determine whether your desired wedding date(s) is available. Kim Lindley will be your primary Northview contact through this process.
- Complete the Northview Wedding Application Form and mail it to Northview (12900 Hazel Dell Parkway, Carmel, 46033). Upon receiving your completed form, your wedding date will be reserved. (An available Northview pastor will be identified by the church to perform your wedding).
- Meet with your Northview pastor. At this meeting, the Northview Premarital Commitment Form will be discussed and signed by all parties.
- Complete the premarital evaluation and attend the Northview Becoming One Premarital Class. This workshop is required for those getting married by Northview pastors.
- Meet with your assigned mentoring couple to discuss the results of the premarital evaluation.
- Meet with your assigned pastor to solidify the details of the wedding message and ceremony.
- Meet with your wedding planner, audio technician and video technician to finalize details of the rehearsal day and wedding day.
- Your wedding date will be considered tentative until you and your fiancé have met with a Northview pastor and have agreed to the Northview Premarital Commitment (see item #4, under “8 Steps”)
- All wedding party members, along with food and drinks, must stay in areas designated by the wedding planner.
- All personal decorations must be removed immediately following the ceremony by the wedding party.
- A Northview pastor or lay pastor will be assigned to perform your wedding.
- No confetti, rice, birdseed or the alike may be thrown within the church building. Only birdseed may be thrown outside of the church building.
- The church does not staff or have nursery facilities available for weddings.
- No alcohol is permitted on church property, and no smoking is permitted within the church building.
- Inappropriate music (sexually suggestive, violent, and/or profane) is not permitted during the wedding ceremony and wedding receptions held at Northview. Dancing is not allowed at receptions (except for traditional first dance).
- Northview Church is not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Northview Auditorium is not available for weddings. The Atrium, which can seat approximately 300 guests and the Chapel, which can seat up to 100 guests are available for weddings.
Atrium Weddings: $780
Includes custodial, setup, audio technician, video technician, wedding director, and premarital training program
Chapel Weddings: $480
Includes custodial, setup, audio technician, wedding director, and premarital training program
Officiating Pastor: An honorarium of at least $100 should be paid to the officiating pastor
Other fees (if applicable): Reception - $300
Candelabra and oak furniture rental fee - $25
Musicians - call
Video engineer - $75
Referrals for additional outside premarital counseling available (fee based on need)
Services and fees for wedding musicians are to be arranged by the couple (Referral sheet available upon request)
Deposit: A deposit of $100 is due upon taking the premarital evaluation
Couples will receive a Northview wedding planner and guidelines booklet to individually review all wedding fees. (All fees are due 30 days prior to the wedding date.)
Available Dates & Times
Available Dates & Times
HOLIDAYS—There will be no weddings scheduled for the following weekends when the holiday falls on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday: New Year’s Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas and New Year’s Eve
ATRIUM TIMES—Friday weddings can begin between the hours of 4:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Saturday weddings can begin between the hours of 9:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. (all photographs must be completed by 12 p.m.). The Atrium can seat up to 300 guests.
CHAPEL TIMES—Friday weddings can begin between the hours of 6:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.; Saturday weddings can begin between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. (all photographs must be completed by 3 p.m.) The Chapel can seat up to 100 guests.
REHEARSAL TIMES—No rehearsal will start before 6 p.m.
RECEPTION SPACE—Available on Fridays from 7 p.m. - 10:30 p.m., Saturdays from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., and Sundays from 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. The maximum capacity for a reception is 150.
NOTE: Capstone Café & Bookstore (located on Northview’s campus) is open seven days a week and will not be closed for weddings scheduled during normal business hours.